"Can you say something about nothing?"
— Helmholtz, Brave New World
Brave New Swirled
- 1 oz vodka
- 1 cup seedless watermelon, chopped into course cubes
- 1/4 oz lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 oz melon liqueur
- A handful of ice
Add the vodka, watermelon, lemon juice, sugar and ice to a blender, running until smooth. Pour into a cocktail glass and float the liqueur on top.
Highly Pretentious Tasting Notes and Impressions:
- Unbalanced flavor profile.
- Blending a cup of watermelon with an ounce and a half of liquor simply tastes like blended watermelon.
- Rich in real world texture.
- Frothy at first, then settles into mushy.