Ethan Frome meet Ethan Pom, as in the pomegranate juice used to make the grenadine syrup.
- 3 oz Champagne
- 3 oz grenadine syrup
Pour the Champagne into a rocks glass and then pack with shaved or crushed ice. Drizzle the syrup on top.
Highly Pretentious Tasting Notes and Impressions:
- An adult Shirley Temple.
- Tasted more than fine with Asti Spumante, for a quarter of the price of Champagne.
- I'll have another and another and another.
- Cloyingly sweet, on the fourth another, when filled with heavy-handed pours of grenandine.
- Worth making that second sled run for.
- Given the hydrogen peroxide effect when the bubbly is replenished, could easily have been called a Bloody Mattie.
- A worthy celebratory drink to usher in a new year.
Leave a Comment